8.01.2008
Fun Friday: Felted Hair

Oh, okay, okay, not really, but it's felted stuff for your hair. From Project 31 Studio come these almost snuggle-able, colourful, and very elegant (particularly for felt) hairclips. Topped with filigree buttons, this orange one makes me think of a fun night at the carnival or state fair.  The second one, in lime green with a filigree and rhinestone button, is just plain fun.

Both are handmade, and the bases of your hair blossoms are needle-felted wool. Artist Yu-Ting Feng, a New York based artist, wife, and mom, also has a fun triangle-shaped clip with a tiny flower embedded into the felt available for those who'd rather not get too flowered out (for days on which you have a big meeting, you know?). Tonight's featured clips range from $10 to $12, and you'll also find felted jewelry boasting cameos, eggs, and other pretty designs in her Etsy shop.

I also like her reason for naming her shop "Project 31":


I have always been interested in arts and crafts and have been doing a little bit of this and a little bit of that as a hobby. Never really thought about marketing and selling my art since it was so hard for me to part with them and the timing just never seemed right. But when I read Proverbs 31:10-31 and challenged myself to think and pray about this passage, I realized that I can do what the “excellent wife” in that passage did - make things with her hands and sell them - all in honor of the LORD. All of a sudden it made sense for me to start a business and make it my "project" to put Proverbs 31:10-31 into action and update it for the current generation.
Not only that, but I think Yu-Ting is being a fantastic example of the Proverbs 31 woman by using her God-given gifts to His glory and to bless others.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend! 


Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank for featuring me, Jen! Your description of my hair clips are better than mine! :) Just want to say I love your picks of cool and modest clothing! Keep up the good work with the blog!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer