5.23.2007
To Live, Perchance to Daydream...

I saw this wonderfully pretty and smile-inducing daydream pendant and the charming design and bright colours made it absolutely pop from the page, eliciting a cheerful "Oh!" from me. I immediately thought of you and had to feature it!

The pendant, from Madison Craft Studio, is actually a piece of pressed wood fiber called masonite that has had the paper decoupaged onto it, then sealed on the front and sides to preserve the art work. Slide this charmer onto one of the $4 leather cords sold by Madison Crafts and you are good to go.

Now, get this: the lovely little piece of artwork you now behold is only three dollars. Yup, three bucks. This means that for $7, you will have a truly unique piece of jewelry.

I thought "Daydream" would be perfect to feature here, especially since the colours are so cheery and summery, and of course we all need time to just sit and dream. As a child, I was often caught daydreaming - I had a ridiculously active imagination - but lately don't seem to do it anymore. I'm all for being a mature adult, but God gave us fertile minds for a reason, and I think taking time out to daydream once in a while is not only healthy, but can be incredibly productive. Some prefer to stare into the sky while they daydream, others of us like to daydream with pencil in hand, but no matter how we do it, it's good to give our brains a 'break' from time to time. As they say, all work and no play makes Jill a dull girl!

While the daydream is whimsical and inspiring, the mother-daughter team at Madison Craft Studios also offers some really beautiful pendants like the lone tree, the olive flower, and of course many pendants with origami paper. As a singer, I'm also partial to this little singing bird pendant.

Some pendants are masonite, others natural shell or mother of pearl, so there is a nice selection of shapes and materials from which you can choose. It looks like only a few pendants are more than $5, so you could really purchase several different ones with a leather cord and have a lot of fun! I think these would make really beautiful gifts, too. There are many styles to choose from, and I'm sure there's something everyone will like. Enjoy your browsing!

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Artifax said...

Cute pendants! Some really pretty images and patterns. Can't believe how affordable they are!

Blogger Jen said...

That's what I was thinking, bejeweled. "I can't believe how inexpensive these are for such a pretty thing!" Gotta love it. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer