1.31.2007
Who's Got The Button?


I'll admit, I see that question all the time on eBay lot sales for buttons (until I began sewing, I never knew how amazingly expensive buttons were, so yours truly quickly learned that eBay is the way to go for those), and I have no idea what it means. Apparently, the sewing portion of my childhood education was sorely neglected. I'm clueless.

But that doesn't stop me from, like other women, having an odd thing for cute bottons, on apparel or off. This darling button bracelet from Anna Kate Jewelry is a prime example, and sure to be "Ooooo!"-ed over by button and perhaps even polka-dot fans alike. The red buttons are set off by sterling silver headpins - see the theme here? - and fastens with a pretty sterling silver clasp. I particularly like the mix of sizes and shades of red. It's available in other colours, and will probably take a week longer to receive, but if you have an outfit that needs a little whimsy to set it off just right, this might be what you are looking for.

Anna Kate also offers button necklaces and, lo and behold, very cute button rings. Her whole shop seems to be sewing-themed, with straight-pin earrings, brooches, bracelets and rings - definitely a very unique use of everyday craft items.

Happy shopping!

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer