1.30.2007
Clothes are never a frivolity: they always mean something.


Well, I'm in a better mood today - time heals all sadness, right? - and also because I have found a few sources of fab vintage dresses in normal-woman sizes. Hooray! And I was just whining in my head that I haven't featured much in the way of clothing, at least not as much as I'd like. Wouldn't you figure?

Now, I'm aware that this light-coloured weave that looks like linen screams "SUMMER!", I saw it and just had to feature her anyway. It's the middle of January! Don't we all need a reminder that spring is only...um...a few months away? And surely at least one reader has a warm-weather trip planned in the near future; what better excuse to bust this cutie pie out? Finally, it's a classic sheath dress with a flattering, non-exposing square neckline (it might bother me as far as temperature goes, but you know how I love a square neckline) - but it's a sheath with personality. Look at it! Doesn't it just say, "I'm a classic, but don't you dare think that means staid."



An Alison Ayres original, this sheath has very cute, cheery crewel-work flowers a little beneath the hips that allow...let's see *counts*...four opportunities for fun shoe coordination. Ballerina flats, slingbacks, sandals...oh, darn, another trip to DSW seems to be in order. There's a back metal zipper - who was it that said a dress with a zipper in back brings a husband and wife closer together? - and it looks like some nice darts at the waistline and bustline for flattering shaping. It's also in celery green, one of my personal favourite colours and one that is, in general, a good colour on a lot of ladies.

The woman who snatches this darling dress is, more likely than not, going to love wearing it - to work with a jacket, to dinner, to weddings (is this not a great wedding dress?), to Sunday church. I can see her wearing this on a nice vacation, too - from a few hours away to a tour of Europe or the Caribbean, this dress will be a great grab-and-go option. Best of all, she's a fairly normal size! 37-34-40, and 40 inches long (those measurements are bust-waist-hips, for the unaccustomed to shopping by measurements). This doll is a steal, and as the weather warms up, I don't think she'll be at Little Pink Dress for very long - so seize the dress, already!

At Little Pink Dress - be sure to check out their piles and piles of great vintage goodness at very, "Wow, this is a total steal!" prices.

Happy shopping!

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer