12.06.2006
More Holiday Dresses - Retro Style!
Now, before I get to the cute, I just have to refer all of you to the best fashion blog ever, Dress A Day. And for once, not due to the dresses and the fab pattern I bought because of Erin. No, because she's having a "little" fundraiser for Heifer International. This great organization provides animals like bees, geese, sheep, goats, and yes, heifers, to needy families so they can sustain themselves and perhaps make money with the animal. Erin wants to give ten sheep this year, with the help of her readers - because sheep also provide wool, something that can help these families earn some money. She's already way past her goal of $1200 - in no time at all - and is now just shy of $1500. Won't you help? Every little bit does! Thanks. :)




Well, there's probably always some retro factor here, because I adore retro. But these two lovelies are true vintage! It's only happenstance that one is red and one green - I just think they're both charming, stylish, festive, but still modest and ladylike. *sigh* I miss the fifties. Now, both dresses are actually eBay auctions - from one of my favourite sellers to boot - so be aware that they won't be available after Sunday. If you want one, snap her up now!

The first is a pretty green satin circle dress with a really unique neckline. The skirt is a full circle skirt, but what I really love - other than the poofy skirt, of course - is that fabulous double-dipped neckline. It would set off sparkly holiday jewelry beautifully! The little cap sleeves will prevent you from tugging at the bustline all night, too (that's the worst thing about strapless dresses, and why I'd rather not wear them). This is a flattering dress in a colour that will stick out among all the black.

Our second dress is another full circle skirt beauty, but in cherry red light, floaty-looking fabric - it might be chiffon, but the listing doesn't say. Perhaps I'll email seller Kashute to find out. At any rate, this is definitely a holiday winner (one I'm sorely tempted to snag for myself, thank you). Normally I don't like higher necklines - I like to wear jewelry, and have an irritating tendency to overheat - but this one is fabulous in that we have a sheer, pleated overlay atop the sweeheart bustline. And check out that finishing touch - the belt. What a beauty, and what a hit you'd be showing up at the party in this! Sparkly earrings and a few silvery bangles would look great with this.

What beauties - and without letting it all hang out. I love it. They're sexy without being Paris Hilton or Britney Spears...more like, oh, Doris Day in her torch singer years or Liz Taylor...well, just about anytime. Kashute always has drop-dead gorgeous vintage, the kind that makes you want to blow the grocery money without looking back - and she even manages to find vintage shoes in beautiful, sometimes brand new, condition. Top it off with a great seller rating, and I think you have a safe seller to go to.

Happy shopping!

Labels:



1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Well, thanks, David...I did help out over there. I'd start one here but doubt I'd raise much with a brand new blog. :( Next year, though!

It is a good organization. It really gives people true hope! Your job must be great fun, too. I worked in advertising for 5 years but would much rather do something along your line - it really makes a difference.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer