6.09.2008
Breezy Cool

Are we all under the same heat wave or what? Wow. Of course, I'm not going to complain, because I just love the heat, particularly after the bitter winter (you know, the one that finally ended a week and a half ago?). Still, it makes sartorial decisions a wee bit frustrating depending upon what one is doing (especially the weekends, at least for me).

Now, as a photographer, I spend a lot of time in positions that could be pretty dangerous for someone who never wears pants, having chosen to stick to skirts for a variety of reasons. So there are quite a few longer skirts in my closet, ready for days I know I'll be shooting (especially when I'm shooting cars, because if you've seen my car shots, you know I really get into it). Modesty is key, so long, breezy skirts are not only protective, so to speak, they can also be very pretty and very comfortable in the right fabrics, especially this time of year.

The line between frump and chic is narrow when it comes to longer skirts, but it's worth seeking out. One example of a cute one is this flowery bohemia skirt from O'So Girly Shoppe. Available in navy and khaki, it looks so swooshy and sweet, doesn't it? Not to mention very comfortable. $40 in semi-customizable sizes. Sorry, adorable dog not included.

Also catching my eye tonight is this lace cotton blouse for just $30. It's fitted for shape and comfort, but not skin-tight. The lace is a lovely, feminine touch without being cloying — or worse, 1980s "kountry" (aieeek!). Obviously darling with jeans, this top would be equally sweet with skirts or dress slacks for work.

These prices are fantastic for handmade goodies, and the O'So Girly Shoppe is full of these pretty things, as well as a brand-new line of tees.

Well, I'm going to see if Hubby wants to dash through the sprinkler (I eschew the A/C as much as possible; having the windows shut makes me feel trapped). Stay cool!

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there! I stumbled across your blog while doing research for my own blog, which also happens to be dedicated to modesty :) My blog is a little more DIY focused and concentrates on finding ways to "modestify" existing fashions or just making your own cute, modest clothing that's fun and original. Anyway, point being I do a featured site on my blog once a week and this week I'd like to feature your site. So I thought I'd just give you a heads up that I'll be sending some people your way. I like your blog a lot - love the premise and the ideology and I'm totally with you. If you want to check out the little feature it is at modestify.blogspot.com

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there, I stumbled across your blog while doing research for my own blog, which is also dedicated to modesty. Mine's a little more DIY oriented: I mostly post about ways to "modestify" existing fashions or make your own unique, cute modest clothing. Anyway, point being that I also do a featured site every week and I'm so delighted by your blog that I'd like to feature it for today's post. I just wanted to give you a heads up - if you're opposed, let me know and I'll take it down. If you'd like to check out the feature it's at modestify.blogspot.com

Blogger Jen said...

Wow, Charity, thanks so much! I appreciate your acknowledgment. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer