11.27.2007
Prettiest Bird's Nest


Bird's nest rings have become popular in recent years, but the one we usually see (which has been featured here in the past) are silver wire with pearls or pearlescent beads set into the wrapped wire. Unsurprisingly, the talented Megan of Casto Creations has her own spin on the chic nature-themed wearable.

Megan's version of the bird's nest is topped with a gorgeous, smooth Carnelian of the deepest orange with a hint of red. The sterling silver wire wraps around the base of the stone, weaving itself into a nest with sterling beads to add interest. Thanks to the different shapes of the beads, it really does look a bit like a birds' nest, and lends more depth and interest to the ring.

Each handmade ring is available from size 4 to 10 and is just $27 (size 10 is $28.50), and it's one of those pretty finishing touches you'll love to wear, but it might also make a great gift for a friend.

Now, I can personally vouch for the beauty and quality of Megan's work; while I didn't win one of the fantastic, gigantic gift baskets from the Happily Handmade Giveaway, I did win a gift certificate to Casto Creations. It took a while to decide what I wanted the most, as everything she makes is gorgeous, but I finally decided on this gaspeite and turquoise bracelet. I never posted it, though, because I just couldn't get a good picture; furthermore, it appeared that the bracelet was off the site. This is why one should always check the artist's gallery, though, and when I did so tonight, there it was!
Not only is it beautiful and wonderfully made, I get quite a few compliments on it; it's one of my favourite things to wear. Take that in hand with the fact that Megan is fun to chat with via email and you've got a definite winner.

Have a great night! There's a Red Wings game on, and I simply must pay full attention. ;)

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer